- 1 This guide will help you to find the best mattress for back pain.
- 2 Best Mattress For Back Pain
- 2.1 Amerisleep Liberty 12`` Natural Memory Foam Mattress
- 2.2 Bear Mattress
- 2.3 Sleep Innovations Taylor Mattress
- 2.4 Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Mattress
- 2.5 Tuft & Needle Mattress
This guide will help you to find the best mattress for back pain.
There are millions of people probably yourself as well notice that sleeping is making your pain worse.
Now obviously when you have neck pain or back pain in the maximum case, it causes due to sleeping in wrong kind of mattress.
It is very important to select a proper mattress that shoots your natural sleeping posture.
Though there is no such mattress available which is perfect for everyone. But sleeping on the wrong one may cause back pain or may make worse of it.
Ergonomic mattress on the other hand encourages a good sleeping posture, relaxes full body muscles and provides a good, healthy and wholesome sleep.
Jeffrey N. Katz, M.D. , the professor of Medicine And Orthopedic Surgery at Harvard Medical School, is one the most reliable voices in back pain field suggested that changing the mattress can make a significant difference in their pain for those who are suffering from back pain.
Medium-firm mattress is considered as one of the best mattress for back pain.
In a study of a survey on 313 patients who were suffering from lower back pain it had been observed that patients using medium-firm mattress had been reported less pain when lying in bed and also less pain related disability compared to those patients who were using firm mattresses.
Well this clears a misconception which was an old school recommendation to use very firm mattress for those who are suffering from back pain which is exactly opposite to what doctor’s advice nowadays.
Earlier, visiting mattress store, it was like spending hours lying on a range of randomly selected mattress with an annoying salesman of the store who always try to convince you to close the deal and sell fast.
But these days, in the generation of internet with the new approach of the number of mattress producer, you can simply order online and try it at your home for few weeks for trail and have the full right to return it if you are not satisfied with it for a little or in some cases you don’t have to pay at all. So, here we will provide the complete overview about the best mattress for back pain.
Can Your Bed Cause Lower Back Pain?
Absolutely Yes, sleeping on a wrong mattress can make lower back pain and can even make it worse.
What Type of Mattress is Best for Bad Back?
A medium firm mattress is most suitable for people suffering from back pain. For side sleepers, a slightly softer mattress is necessary to support the hips and shoulders.
Firmer mattress is best suited for stomach sleepers.
Are Soft Beds Good for Your Back?
Look for a mattress that should not be that much firm and not much soft.
Well before starting we want to mention that the information we will provide here is not substitute of professional medical advice, we will provide our self tested and highly researched list of some best mattresses for back pain.
Hence, before making any decisions don’t forgot to consult doctors. When we talk about the best mattress for back pain there are five high quality mattresses comes to our mind first which are specially designed for people suffering from extensive back pain.
- The Saatava Mattress.
- The Amerisleep AS2.
- The Helix Mattress.
- The Bear Mattress.
- Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Mattress.
These are the premium and the high quality mattresses, though these are expensive as compared to budget foam or coil mattress but give a great value in long run with very good quality, durability, warranties and most of all they solve back pain problems.
Also Read: Best Mini Crib Mattress.
The Mandatory Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Mattress for Back pain
For many people lower back pain before going to sleep is like a regular routine.
So, while choosing the best mattress for back pain that fits your natural posture there are some key points you should remember before making the purchase although we will guide you with each product benefits and features:
- First of all, note that firmness and support is not a same thing. Well, a soft mattress will provide a very good support but a firm mattress will not necessarily is supportive. While selecting the Best Mattress for Back pain keep in mind to select a mattress that keeps your spine or your back in proper calibration which will give you a proper support and comfort.
- The second thing that you should keep in mind is that if you are a back sleeper then the mattress you should buy should be firm enough to support your lower back while being soft enough to contour your body.
- The next one is that if you are a side sleeper then it is necessary to cushion your shoulders and hips with a slight soft mattress.
- But if you are a stomach sleeper or if you sleep this way because of lower back pain then cushion with a firm mattress to afloat your stomach.
Best Mattress For Back Pain
Well, there is no best mattress for back pain which is perfect for every type of sleepers but there is an ideal point which you should check before selecting an ideal mattress or the best mattress for back pain you are looking for is that the mattress in the range of medium to slightly firm be what preferred by most of the people that is 5-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale is the ideal range.
The medium firm mattress is the best mattress for back pain. Well today there are so different manufacturers from all over the world and market is completely saturated these manufacturers tend to claim that their mattress is the best mattress for back pain and bla, bla, bla.
Due to this people get confused while selecting an ideal mattress for back pain. For this here we came up with top mattresses ideal for patients suffering from back pain.
Amerisleep actually has ton of different mattresses to choose from. In the Amerisleep Liberty 12″ Natural Memory Foam Mattress, the material of cover feels kind of like microfiber and its salient infused, it is clinically proven to help you fall asleep 15 minutes faster than the average by converting your body into infrared which is a very good thing about the product.
It has 3 layers of foam and you have a supportive layer on the bottom. The transition layer in the middle and then it has the bio pure memory foam at the top which has a significant sinking feels that memory foam does so. Overall it is a very good mattress for food night sleep and for those who are suffering from back pain and our list of best mattress for back pain is incomplete without listing this mattress.
- The mattress is pretty decent motion transfer.
- The mattress is also easy to clean.
- It doesn’t smell bad.
- On the mattress it sleeps a little warm.
Talking about the Bear Mattress – King construction, they usually use their own cover it’s called a thermal reactive minerals that are in the cover and it’s supposed to help convert body heat into something that gives you a boost in the morning which is a good thing an night it help circulate blood better than just a traditional fabric.
Bear mattress has clinically 9 studies done to prove it’s reliability all succeeded. The foam layers in the Bear Mattress – King is an inch of graphite infused gel memory foam.
Well that graphite infused memory foam design is designed to sleep cooler and of quick response foam so that’s another good thing.
So, in our opinion the mattress is good for anybody who sleeps in all three sleeping positions. It’s nether too soft nor too firm so it did perform well in all three sleep positions test which we implemented on this mattress and this mattress is definitely value for money and one of the best mattress for back pain.
Bear Mattress Pros
- The mattress comes with a pretty innovative technology at a very good price.
- This mattress has been built for active people.
- Comes with 100 days of trial period for all the buyers.
- Also comes with 10 years of warranty.
Bear Mattress Cons
- This brand is new in the market. So, here comes the trusting factor.
- Sometimes the mattress deemed to be too firm.
Tail combined with memory foam results in product like Sleep Innovation Taylor 12 minutes gel swirl memory foam mattress which is a mouthful to say but a must-try for individuals who wants to enjoy night’s sleep for the rest of their lives and also is one of the best mattress for back pain.
The Sleep Innovation Taylor mattress comes in its compressed form, the sits relatively are small easy at heavy box packaging.
Don’t worry about the mattress being damaged because of the amount of compression as it will expand once the mattress has been released from its plastic wrap and exposed to the air.
When you lie on the mattress the heat of your body gets transferred to the foam and you’ll experience the contouring effect as if your body is being cradled by the mattress.
The countering effect is made possible because of the triple layers and the mattress namely the two inches of gel infused memory foam at the top for the combo of firm support soft feel, two inches of air channel foam necessary for effective airflow and eight inches of support foam essential for the mattress ability and durability.
Sleep Innovation Taylor Pros
- Considering the price at which it is available the mattress is value for money.
- This mattress also has decent motion isolation.
- Mattress durability is excellent.
Sleep Innovation Taylor Cons
- The mattress is too firm.
- This mattress do not always regain or decompose it’s is shape after being unpacked.
So Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Mattress is memory foam mattress available only online.
We have two main concerns with this memory foam one, they definitely have addressed that their construction is very good and the second thing is like you will get stuck in the mattress you just really sink into it and happens a lot with certain memory foam mattresses but they definitely address that here and has not been our experience at all.
It’s been very positive on that front as. Even if you lie down the same kind of it’s very comfortable on your back and on the side as well and very comfortable on the shoulder.
And overall Live and Sleep Resort Ultra Mattress is a very comfortable experience.
It’s definitely a little bit firmer then an average mattress it’s got good edge support you will not going to fall off or anything like that.
Therefore the reason is pretty clear that why this is in the list and definitely is one of the best mattress for back pain.
Sleep Innovation Taylor Pros
- This mattress has an awesome support as it has an 8.5 inches of high density support base which provides a very good support to your back.
- This mattress not too firm but it is in the mid-range firm with unyielding softness. This mattress is works just wonders on every type of body.
- The mattress comes with 20 years of warranty which is a pretty good thing.
- The mattress is light weight and it can be lifted easily by only one person.
Sleep Innovation Taylor Cons
- This mattress do not comes with box springs pre-equipped so if you want it then you have to purchase separately.
- Like other mattress in the market which has gel used in the middle, this mattress lacks the cooling effect like the other mattresses do as it do not have that gel.
The basic idea of the tuft & needle mattress is that it has two layers of foam and so you have the proprietary like graphite infused top layers.
Tuft & Needle Mattress is soft at the bottom about eight inches or seven inches or so is like former foam and that means less glue in between layers making it more breathable.
10 years warranty comes out of the box, so if any short of manufacturing issue arises with it or if it’s AG within 3/4 of an inch or more then you can take pictures and they’ll either fix it or replace it.
This mattress for back pain has really soft cover and it has a nice embossed tough to needle kind of a silver look. While sitting on the edge here we thought like it would kind of sink anymore but it’s really not bad sink age.
It is not like too soft though but keeps in mind that sometimes soft doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily better for you. This is an ideal mattress you are looking for and definitely is one of the best mattress for back pain.
Tuff & Needle Pros
- Considering the price at which it is available the quality of the product is very good and one of the best mattress for back pain.
- This mattress is cool and also breathable like latex.
- This mattress also has decent motion isolation.
- This mattress comes with trial period of 100 days within which you can test it and you have full right to return it to the company if you don’t like it.
Tuff & Needle Cons
- For slide sleepers the initial firmness after the buy may annoy. It might take some time of usage to soften.
- This product requires a firm foundation.